March 30, 2015

Five Things From Last Week

I was out so much last week. It was great, but exhausting and come Friday night, I was ready to stay in and watch TV and nap.

Living in the city has surprised me though. In the past, I've really enjoyed and often prioritized my alone time, but since moving to the city, I've found myself much more open to social interaction at any time of the day. I think part of it has to do with living with one of my best middle school/high school amies who is one of the people person-iest people I know and I think the other part of it has to do with wanting to keep our apartment doors open to any friends who care to stay here, which we've had quite a few do.

It's been different, but good. I'm always up for personal change and growth because even if I don't appear this way to others, I often feel anti-social/uptight/unfun so I'm trying hard not to feel that way. Fake it until you make it right? On that strange note, let's talk about this past week...


01. Indian Food in the East Village
One night, I joined Amie DB, two of her college amies, and one of her college amie's sisters for Indian food in the brightest of restaurants (seriously though, look at those lights!). It was actually not the Indian restaurant we were planning to go to (we didn't realize that one was upstairs), but it was delicious nonetheless.

02. Amie S Stayed Overnight
Another night, Amie S came into the city to stay before heading back to Pittsburgh. Even though we all got to the apartment pretty late, at the last minute, Amie DB and I decided to celebrate Amie S's upcoming birthday while we had her with us, even if it only really entailed singing since everyone was too full/tired from their respective dinners to eat any ice cream.

03. Glee
I finished it. Because I started it. I actually started it back during my first week at UVM. I can't believe it's been more than four and a half years and I can't believe how much has changed since then.

04. An Office Party 
The pic above is from that and is half of my team... my boss (the senior director on the account I'm on), the director of the account I'm on, and the account executive of the account I'm on. They're all so great. As for the party, great and crazy. Advertisers sure do know how to party and dance.

05. A Quiet Weekend
This weekend was really quiet (super necessary after this week), but I spent Saturday night with Amie L helping with solving online puzzles (sort of), and on Sunday, Amie DB and I had a lazy day (minus the 11 mile run she did lol). We hung around the UES, video chatted with our respective gentlemen (mine is coming this weekend!!), watched Jimmy Fallon videos, and went out to get cupcakes and coffee in the late afternoon.

What's good and new in your lives lately my amies?

3 comments:

  1. Wait a second...is that two little red hens!? It totally is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yeah! You finally made it there I take it?
      Dori and I were originally going to go to this place called Glaser's that we found on Buzzfeed that makes really good b&w cookies but it closed 15 minutes before we got there. Two Little Red Hens was a good alternative though! :D

      Delete
  2. Oh, those cupcakes look so delicious! Sounds you had some fun time :)
    x Orsi

    ReplyDelete