Here are some things from the past week in no particular order...
My job has been sending me to all these awesome New-York-made craft drink events lately. Last week I attended Edible Manhattan's Good Cider Event in Tribeca (talk about a beauty in the evening). My co-workers and I spent the night talking to a bunch of cider makers (I think they were all pretty impressed (or more likely weirded out) when I started asking the cider makers about grafting and wild varietals lol), tasted a bunch of cider samples, and ate a boatload of brussels sprouts and flan (not sure how those relate to cider but they sure were tasty!).
Here are a few tasty ones you should look out for and try if you can:
(I know these are all flavored, but these places all made great original ciders too!)
02. Saint Patrick's Day!
You probs already read about that...
03. Ippudo
On Sunday, I met up with Amie L and one of her lovely college amies. We walked around Soho for a while and ended up at Ippudo. The shoyu wasabi ramen was just delicious as I remember.
04. MoMA
On Friday, I met Amie DB and her copain, A, at MoMA. They were late so I wandered through some galleries on my own. Once they arrived we watched the strangest video. In case you're curious, this is a small clip of it. Weird, huh?
05. Tapas!
I don't have any pictures from this one, but Amie S came into town from Pittsburgh, and so did Amie AB came into town to (even though she lives a lot closer) Amie AB. We met up with Amie L for delicious tapas and perhaps even tastier sangria. It makes me feel like such an adult to go out with sangria and tapas with all my old elementary school friends.
On a tapas-related note... one of my favorite Portlandia scenes.
06. Lovely Roommate 1's (aka: My Cornell roommate of three years's) Birthday
I'm realizing that the more I meet my friend's friends, the more I love my friends because the attract the nicest sorts of people. Lovely Roommate 2 was there too, plus six of LR1's friends. We had Thai food and danced. Here are a few other moments from that night...
LR1, all of LR1's friends, and LR2 are all Indian. When one brought mukhwas, which is that after dinner fennel seed mix many Indian restaurants have, I was the only one besides her to have some which gained me a lot of street cred and upped my Indian experience points by like 500*.
(*Yes that was a Pokemon reference there...)
After dinner, we all went bar-hopping. There were a few mishaps (aka: bad bar choices), but this one was fun.
This one was also fun, albeit a bit alternative (half beauty salon, half club... total whoa). We danced to a ton of 80's hits under a disco ball and called it a night.












0 comments:
Post a Comment