After Le Copain and I had the healthiest of breakfasts (just kidding!), we pretty much saw all there is to see in midtown. Seriously. It kind of feels like this happened over multiple days even though it all happened within twelve hours.
First we walked to Herald Square to visit the Macy's Flower Show.


After Macy's we went to Bryant Park and while we were walking I got stopped a few times because I was carrying pillows. Apparently it was International Pillow Fight Day.What. Are. The. Odds?! People figured I knew where it was taking place. I just had to be like, "Nope these pillows are just for my bed." Awkward and great at the same time.

And Le Copain was like, "I don't know her..." (But was actually just hiding from the camera).
Even though we didn't go to the fight, Le Copain and I each took turns bopping each other with the pillows. We probably bumped them into a few innocent bystanders on the crowded subways too. :|
While we were Bryant Park, we partook in one of my favorite free NYC pastime: free games. Le Copain was the Connect Four champ and I was the Guess Who champ. I also relived the last time I was there during Santacon.
On our way back uptown, we walked through Times Square, which as a New Yorker is definitely a spot I try to avoid (so crowded!), but pro tour guides (me for the day!) never skip Times Square and it was actually quite nice and uncrowded since it was Easter weekend so no regrets there.


And Le Copain was like, "I don't know her..." (But was actually just hiding from the camera).
Even though we didn't go to the fight, Le Copain and I each took turns bopping each other with the pillows. We probably bumped them into a few innocent bystanders on the crowded subways too. :|
While we were Bryant Park, we partook in one of my favorite free NYC pastime: free games. Le Copain was the Connect Four champ and I was the Guess Who champ. I also relived the last time I was there during Santacon.
On our way back uptown, we walked through Times Square, which as a New Yorker is definitely a spot I try to avoid (so crowded!), but pro tour guides (me for the day!) never skip Times Square and it was actually quite nice and uncrowded since it was Easter weekend so no regrets there.
We actually went home for a little while, but headed out later for some more adventuring and dinner. We went back to midtown and found ourselves in Rockefeller Center and Saint Patrick's Cathedral first though.

And here's Le Copain taking a "nap" after all the adventures of our day. The location you ask? My office! It's so close to Rockefeller Center and I think it's pretty cool so it only made sense to sneak him in for a quick tour while I could over the weekend.
And that was pretty much Saturday (with a bunch of Arrested Development thrown in there too!)
I have to throw this in before ending this post though. It makes me laugh every time I read it...











0 comments:
Post a Comment