May 4, 2015

Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out

On Friday afternoon I finally got my wisdom teeth out. I was really freaked out by it since I've never gotten any real procedures done, so calmed my nerves by live-texting Le Copain while waiting to get all numbed up (even though he was shadowing, so not able to text me back). 

Here's some of what ensued:















Thankfully I was lucky enough to not find the procedure or aftermath too bad. For the procedure, I opted to only be numbed up so got to witness all the pulling. Knowing I should be in pain and that my teeth were coming out, but not feeling any of it was one of the stranger experiences I've had.
After procedure, the pain kicked in as I somehow managed to convinced myself it wouldn't, but it wasn't so bad minus when I had to eat. Salad nicoise and wisdom teeth out are a no go... just to put that out there in case anyone else decides to try it. Lol.

It is honestly just a relief to finally have the whole thing done (I've been meaning to get them out for 4+ years now) and it made for a very relaxing weekend at home even if my mouth hurt.  I got to read and nap and watch this funny movie and eat sorbet! (I also got to not go out because I looked like a chipmunk... but I did go to work today.)

Have you had your wisdom teeth out? What did you think?

1 comments:

  1. Glad the procedure went well. I am sure it must have been such a weird experience to get them pulled and not feel much during the whole procedure. Hope it heals fast I know how difficult it is not to be able to at. My poor boyfriend is going through the same thing as we speak. Get better soon, thanks.

    Joanna @ Westheimer Dentist

    ReplyDelete