This picture was taken when I walked by The (last ever) Late Show With David Letterman. I didn't realize until I looked back on it, but it really embodies the NYC spirit. Taxis, pizza deliveries, Broadway, David Letterman, traffic, and a buzz that almost nowhere else has... I sure do love it.
As for last week? A total doozy (but totally worth it for the half day on Friday and long weekend). Here's a big ol' laundry list of everything (thanks for caring in advance...):
On Monday, I was at work for more than eleven hours.
On Tuesday, big things were happening at work so I was left to manage many day-to-day things that I don't usually manage. Most of it felt natural, but at this point I'm glad my higher ups take care of those things on a regular basis. The practice was kind of nice though.
Also on Tuesday, I went out to Astoria to watch The Bachelorette with Amie DB and a few of her friends. My trip there was pretty insane. First off, apparently there are two of the same addresses in Queens and I went to the wrong one first. Der to the Erp. Also on my way there, I passed a guy who looked like he was choking/having a seizure or heart attack. Another girl and I ended up calling 911. He ended up mostly coming to, but we both left when a few security guards said they'd handle it and wait with him until the ambulance arrived. I just keep hoping everything turned out okay though.
On Wednesday, I had my first margarita in the longest time. I forgot how much I missed them.
On Thursday, everyone at work was so stir crazy. There was tons more football than usual and account directors were attempting to box jump on an empty desk. Some actually succeeded. Also on Thursday, I got a haircut for the first time in 6+ months... talk about proactivity. :|
And then it was finally Friday. I had a half day which came right when I needed it and I used the occasion to go on a solo "date" and flew out to Chicago. More on both later.
Stay tuned? xo




0 comments:
Post a Comment