After living in the city for almost four months, I often forget how much I love the suburbs. Mostly the greenery. Also the nighttime.

On Saturday, Amie AB and I headed out to the North Shore on Long Island to visit Amie V. All complaints about Long Island aside, we didn't hit traffic and Amie V lives in the loveliest part. It's so green and has lots of windy roads and too many stop signs and birds galore.

The three of us amiegas spent Saturday afternoon catching up and going to the beach, which is only a two minute walk from Amie V's house.


At the beach we found the prettiest rocks (...we do every time because they're all over, but that doesn't stop anyone from appreciating them and taking them home lol) and walked along the shore. I even made a rainbow out of them if you can't tell from above (which you totes can).At night, we randomly went to Friendly's for dinner because Amie AB and I were talking about it on our way to Long Island and then couldn't get it out of our heads once we Google Mapped and found close to ten in a 5 mile radius. I obviously got the Crispy Chicken Salad without the crispy chicken like the vegetarian I am. I seriously crack up so much every time I get it. It's probably half the reason I get it. It's also what my mom always use to order when I was little, so I picked up on her habit now that I don't do the chicken tender thing.

After dinner, we actually bypassed ice cream at Friendly's (quelle horreur, am I right?), but we went to Port Jeff to get ice cream and to hangout on the docks instead. It was the tastiest ice cream and the prettiest night.
When we got home, I completely passed out and wasn't any fun for the night (oops :/), but some X Files got watched so I guess not all was lost.

On Sunday morning we ventured back to Port Jeff for brunch at a spot Amie AB and I had been to before. The wait was more than an hour, but we decided it was worth the wait and got Starbucks like the basic LI betches we were not actually trying to be.With iced lattes in hand, we walked down to the docks in the daylight and then brunched! It was so so good as was the entire weekend.
Thanks for having us Amie V!



0 comments:
Post a Comment