May 13, 2015

Wave Hill

Amies! I made it back to the Bronx for some more exploring! 

This past Saturday, Amie DB and I took a trip up to Wave Hill. Amie DB had heard about it at work and it looked so beautiful that we decided to check it out for ourselves.

And was it ever B-E-A-Utiful

We packed a picnic lunch of french bread, blue cheese, grapes, and dark chocolate peanut butter cups (all from Trader Joe's, all under $10.00! #TJsObsessed), took a bus to the Bronx, and explored the grounds. There were short woodland trails, greenhouses, a gallery, and huge lawns. It was hard to believe we were still in New York City. 

And wisteria. I can't forget about that. Lots and lots of wisteria (which as I mentioned the other day, I've become obsessed with)! I wonder how my super would take it if I made that as a building upgrade request ;p

The wisteria also called for some hardcore cheesin'. 


Before leaving, Amie DB and I decided to take a quick stroll through the greenhouses and they were really quite impressive.

Whoa. 

To the whoa. 

To my new phone background because I really needed one. If only I could convince myself to trade in my almost four-year old phone though... 

Yeah. It was really cool to spend an afternoon exploring a really cool NYC overlook. 

As for the rest of the weekend, it was a roommate sort of weekend. Amie DB and I watched lots of Keeping Up With The Kardashians (we like our trashy TV), went thrifting, and I chilled in her lab with her while she did experiments. It's hard that we're both in long distance relationships, but for what it's worth, Amie DB is becoming pretty good at being "my person" (even if she'll probably be cringing at the reference when she reads this in a month). I think I'd be pretty lonely without such a good friend as a roommate. Even if Le Copain isn't here, I'm happy that I'm getting to have my NYC experience before moving elsewhere. 

2 comments: