June 15, 2015

City Sundays: Belvedere Castle & Jacobs Pickles

Last Sunday, Amie L, Amie DB and I brunched at Jacob's Pickles! I've been dying to try it since reading this blog post and looking at their delicious southern-style menu more than two years ago. 

Amie DB and I decided to walk there even though it is across the park. On our way we stumbled upon Belvedere Castle. Since we were running slightly early and because it was a castle (mostly the castle part if I'm being totally honest here) we decided to climb to the top of it. Most of the views were kind of blocked by trees, but it was so cool to be at the highest point in Central Park and we decided to do queen waves because what other type of wave can you do from the top of a castle?

We met Amie L at Jacob's Pickles and there was a wait so we thrifted while we waited and then were called to brunch. 

The way to my heart <3 <3 <3
Although wine, ice cream, and fruit work too. Actually any good food and drinks will do.


We all had trouble deciding whether to get savory or sweet meals, but we mostly leaned on the savory side, which is pretty rare for me. I got cheese grits (amazing!) and biscuits with mushroom gravy (also amazing!) and Amie L and I split an order of sweet and spicy carrot pickles (I need to up my pickle game). 

Three cheers to Jacob's Pickles and classy friends and beer (even if we didn't drink it) and biscuits and pickles. I have a feeling we'll be back very soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment