June 22, 2015

Singapore :: Part 1

Oh hello! Sorry for the quiet. If you didn't see on Instagram, my brother Dan and I spent last week in Singapore visiting our aunt, uncle, and little cousins! We also took a quick side trip to Siem Reap in Cambodia too!

Both Singapore and Cambodia were incredible, but the contrast between the two couldn't have been greater. Singapore was futuristic, pristine, and urban, while Cambodia was more primitive, historic, and dusty. Both were beautiful, humid, and had lots to see, do, and eat.

Since I did so much last week, I think I'm going to take the trip day by day, which might be overkill, but who knows?! For now, here's part one: a full day of travel and Day 1 in Singapore.

As soon as Dan and I got on the plane in New York, we pretended that we were on Singapore time to avoid jet lag and it kind of worked.

We had a three hour layover in London. We should've taken it easier, but we decided to make the most of our pseudo-London visit by exploring the airport for most of the time. We rode "lifts", visited Harrods, and checked out the convenience stores' selections Cadbury chocolates and royal wedding commemorating tea tins. We also tried on sunglasses because from what I discovered during the trip, that is pretty much the brother's favorite pastime. B)


Here we are in Singapore after more than 24 hours of travel!


Once we made it, we pretty much hit the ground jogging.



After quickly settling in, my cousin Hannah and one of her friends took us on the grand tour of their apartment complex and put on a cute (and really funny) cheerleading show for us by the poolside.


For lunch we all went to Din Tai Fung at Marina Bay Sands, which is a huge hotel/landmark in Singapore with tons of restaurants and shops and has a casino inside too! Isn't its architecture insane? You think you see it all in New York City, but that's the furthest from the truth.


After lunch, we explored the pier in front of Marina Bay Sands. While neither Dan nor I were tired earlier, the combination of food and being out for most of the afternoon made us realize that we were in fact jet lagged. This turned into four hour naps before ending the day with a late dinner/drinks out with our aunt and uncle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment