The other weekend my brother Dan graduated from The University of Delaware! It was just me and the parents since the trip from Rochester was too long for my grandparents, but it was a really nice, festive weekend and I'm really #ProUD of him for finishing the way did. He even made Dean's list a few times junior and senior year and has a job lined up.
The ceremony reminded me a ton of Cornell's last year in terms of size and structure. The speaker David Dewalt was a UD graduate and is one of the biggest names in cyber security, so I guess that was cool even if I'd never heard of him before.
Compared to the bigger ceremony, the smaller ceremony was, well... they read off 750 names. That's how it was. Not much else happened in those two hours and I took a mini nap after Dan's name was read off.
On Saturday evening, the family went out for Belgium food to celebrate and then there was Saturday night.
It involved tons of good old-fashioned college fun and I finally got to go out with Dan and all his college friends. We even ran into a few people I knew from home!
Something like this happened. It was definitely a team effort as I only helped with two of them haha.
And so did this. This doesn't seem that weird minus the fact that I didn't know them until that night. Oh and also, all three of the people with me here are siblings. Yup. The things that I sometimes do...
And that was pretty much the weekend. It's weird to think that Dan will be joining me in the real world in about a month.














0 comments:
Post a Comment