June 24, 2015

Singapore :: Part 2

On my second day in Singapore, I woke up at 5:30 in the morning. That's jet lag for you alright! Being in a house that was unfamiliar to me (even if my aunt's), I didn't want to wake everyone up rummaging around the kitchen for breakfast so I stayed in bed and ate a bunch of the wasabi almonds I brought and watched Netflix.

Once everyone woke up we went to brunch. Brunch was great and was buffet style, but the one downside was having to set healthy eating examples in front of a nine year old (aka: not eating a full plate of dessert after eating a healthier plate or two, which I totally would've otherwise lol). The piece of key lime pie I had was pretty darn tasty though!


After brunch, Dan, my aunt, my cousin Hannah, and I went into Chinatown.

This isn't Chinese, but Hannah got henna. Try saying that one five times fast.

It was really funny watching her get it done. A group of older Chinese people came over and started taking her picture. I thought it was because she was getting henna done, but my aunt explained it was because she's a caucasian child. I got a good chuckle out of that. It happened a few other times too!

After the henna, we wandered around. It was so colorful. We wandered through the little souvenir stalls, the wet market (thankfully most of the scary parts were closed by the time we got there!), the food stalls, the big Buddhist temple, and more.

Below are some snapshots of those moments:


After Chinatown, we took a boat taxi down the Singapore River!
We ended up in a flea market, which happens to be located in one of Singapore's "hottest" nightclubs on weekend days. Weird, huh? It had lots of random things like gelato, shirts, and dog toys.

After we went out for Australian food (I had pizza, but Australian food entails kangaroo and stuff) and that was day two.

On day three, we spent the morning in the Singapore Botanic Gardens. 


There weren't actually many flowers, but wow! They sure were green!


We walked around a bunch of the paths, had a quick lunch (I tried pomelo and aloe vera on a salad for the first time!), and then packed our bags for the next part of our adventure.

1 comments:

  1. Great photos! Everything looks so amazing and fun oh my gosh *u* Thank you for sharing all of these!
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa

    ReplyDelete