
Now for a brief interlude from travel posts. Some ramblings about my week back at work:
Unbusyness.
Not a word, but my week back at work was surprisingly slow. One of the major projects I was working on got put on hold last week.
Jet lag.
It's real. I woke up at 4:30 one morning and went to bed at 7:30 one night.
I managed to snag some after trying to for so long. Dan and I are going this Tuesday! Jon Hamm from Mad Men is the guest and I feel like that helps justify skipping out of my advertising work early. Also I never comment on celebrities' attractiveness, but hot damn Jon Hamm. (Image via)

We got together one night after work for dinner at Jack's Wife Freda and had gelato to follow while walking around the West Village. These ladies are both so impressive. One now has a Master's and is starting a meteorology blog and the other got into med school!
A blender.
Amie DB and I have been living without one, but the recent hot weather has really had me wanting cold smoothies (and frozen margz!). I took to Craigslist, found one, and I think it's safe to say it has been our MVP appliance this week.
A birthday celebration.
Wanderlust.
It's probably good that I haven't traveled much, because I seriously have the biggest case of wanderlust now. If it's not a psychiatric disorder (taking excessive selfies now is!), it should be. Currently thinking about New Orleans...

Commuting through the park.
I decided not to get a monthly subway pass this month because I'm away too many days so started walking to work through Central Park. It's been such a happy way to start my morning.
Love.
Because the government is now recognizing it for everyone, and even though it's long overdue, it's really exciting. (Picture from October 2014).










The cake looks delicious! xx
ReplyDelete