July 1, 2015

City Sundays: The Cronut (& Other Adventures)

More travel posts to come, but today's post is in the name of the cronut, which I've been waiting to try for more than two years!

Even after two years there's still a line. 

Amie L and her boyfriend D joined me and I fulfilled my self-appointed role of being their couples photographer (/third wheel ;p). They're quite the sweetest pair. 

So this was really exciting! Since people get brought into the bakery in groups to avoid crowding, the bakery marks off the last people in each group with a foam baguette and guess what?! We were the last people in a group!! We had lots and lots of fun with that baguette.

(!!!)

Got mine! This month's flavor was key lime young coconut. 

More of these two. They went on to get the filling everywhere and then started making jokes about it... 

(!!!!!!!!!!!!) It was infreakincrediblisticexpialidocious. Next month is supposed to be rum caramelized banana and brown sugar ganache, sooo maybe I'll be back next month too!

Right as we were about to finish, a large tour group walked by and the guide was telling them about the cronut even though they weren't going to get to try any (an abomination, I think!). The guide suddenly put us on the spot to describe what we just ate! I feel like nothing we could say could do the cronut justice, but we tried our best. 

So you're not going to believe this, but after we ate cronuts, we actually went around the corner to Georgetown Cupcakes for, well, cupcakes! 

Everyday, each of their locations gives out 100 free cupcakes if you can tell them the secret flavor of the day. I'd never done it, but Amie L has and I'm so glad she let me in on that little secret. 

Sunday's secret flavor was a chocolate chip cupcake with ganache.  

After finishing up part two of brunch (and being totally sugared out!), Amie L/D and I parted ways and I walked uptown taking tons of detours. 

Can you spy which two windows are real? 

In Soho, I found the coolest photographer. He was setting up, but didn't mind me browsing through the boxes he had out so far. I'm really thinking about getting a print of the whole compilation. 

I came upon a Madewell sample sale. I didn't get anything, but had to check out what it was all about. 

I came across a cute community garden. 

And then I stumbled upon the 2015 Pride Parade!

It seemed like all of New York came to see it. It was so happy, especially given Friday's ruling. I had some serious chills.   

And then I made it to Buffalo Exchange, which is a lot less exciting than everything above I think. 

Hope you had a lovely weekend! xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment