September 25, 2015

Staten Island


One magical Friday afternoon a few weeks ago, Amie DB and I both got out of work early! With all the extra time, we decided to go to Staten Island.

Yes. I spelled that one right.

S - T - A - T - E - N   I - S - L - A - N - D.

As you'd probably expect, neither of us had ever been, so we said, "Why not?" because usually when you say "Why not?", good things happen.We took the ferry there and back, which was definitely a highlight of the trip.

Also, it was absolutely free. FREE! We're talking NYC here.
I'm still blown away.

Here are some pics from the ferry:


Speaking of being blown away...

The views of Manhattan, Governor's Island, the Brooklyn Bridge, Ellis Island,
and the Statue Of Liberty were impeccable.

I'm already dreaming of returning for a sunset "cruise" with some snacks and drinks snuck on.  

As for Staten Island...
We saw the Staten Island 9/11 Memorial and the Staten Island Yankee's stadium (it might just have the best views of any minor or major league stadium in the country). We didn't see Danny Castellano or his mother though.

Even though they weren't margz, we hopped back on the boat with some mango smoothies in hand and set sail back to the island of Manhattan. 

     
As New Yorker's we're now able to say we've been to every borough and I think that counts for something. I also got to cross number four off this list

0 comments:

Post a Comment