I was in town for my client's annual gala, but I got the opportunity to explore Salt Lake City on my own for a few hours before the gala took place.
First things first, the mountains. Wow. Even though I'm in the Adirondacks all the time, the mountains in Salt Lake City literally surround the city and were steep and bare in a way I'm not used to.
While I walked around, I found my way to Temple Square, which is where the Mormon temple is and is also the center of the city.
Once you make it to the temple, you can clearly see why it's the town's center. The temple looks right out of a Disney movie. It's surround by bronze statues, gardens, and fountains, and the courtyard is so peaceful.
First things first, the mountains. Wow. Even though I'm in the Adirondacks all the time, the mountains in Salt Lake City literally surround the city and were steep and bare in a way I'm not used to.
While I walked around, I found my way to Temple Square, which is where the Mormon temple is and is also the center of the city.
Once you make it to the temple, you can clearly see why it's the town's center. The temple looks right out of a Disney movie. It's surround by bronze statues, gardens, and fountains, and the courtyard is so peaceful.
After, I made my way back to get ready for the gala. Which I should probably talk about since it was my occassion for being in Utah.
The gala was for my client, which is a national cancer research institute and care facility. The whole night was so beautiful and uplifting despite the horrible nature of cancer. Everyone at the gala was so nice and all the stories and speeches made throughout the night were so touching. One of the men who spoke was a two year pancreatic cancer survivor!
The gala was also the first time I got to meet my clients in person, and seeing the work my team and I helped orchestrate being received by an audience of more than 1000 people was really special.
I flew back to New York bright and early Friday morning after spending less than 20 hours in Salt Lake, but I do hope to be back soon to explore more, and hopefully to ski as well!














0 comments:
Post a Comment