October 4, 2015

Weekends In The City :: Picnics & Broadway Shows

Last weekend didn't start out so well. Plans I had been looking forward to fell through so I went into the weekend feeling pretty down. But a good lesson learned is that plans can always be made. Always. The weekend definitely ended on a high note.

On Friday when I got back from Utah, it was too late to make the trip in to work but too early to be done working so I worked a few hours from home, and then had a quiet night in. Amie DB and I watched the new episodes of Modern Family and The Mindy Project, which always keep me laughing and put me in the best of moods. I'm so glad they're back on. The summer felt way too long without them.

On Saturday morning I had a really good workout at the gym. I can now do 3 minute wallsits and I ran 2.6 miles in 2 parts without my knee getting too aggrevated.

I know this isn't the case for most people, but for me, running is my happy place. I haven't been able to do very much of it in the past two years with chronic runners knee, which has made me really sad, but I'm starting to get more hopeful about my running days in the future. For the longest time I wasn't sure if they were out there so to run more than half a mile without everything feeling wrong feels so good.

On Saturday afternoon, Amie DB and I met Amie L and her boyfriend, D in the park for a snack picnic and to enjoy the cool fall afternoon. 

And on the walk home, Amie DB and I caught the prettiest sunset over the reservoir. It may be the best I've seen in NYC yet!

At night I ended up coming down with a bit of a cold, which sucked, but is my first in half a year. I'm pretty sure it's because I ate too much sugar after working out hard since those are the two things that always get me sick :(

I woke up feeling the same on Sunday, but Amie DB and I ventured out to get mantinee tickets for a Broadway show. We ended up getting orchestra level tickets to see Matilda for less than $50 each! Before the show we wandered around the Broadway Flea Market and ate dollar slices to tide ourselves over until dinner. 

Matilda ended up being such a cute show! The dance numbers and effects were incredible. This scene (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WcVnG4HrWBI) was executed so flawlessly. After it finished Amie DB and I looked at each other and were like, "Wtf just happened." It was crazy.

Once we got home, the rest of the day was a whole lot of lounging in bed and lots of random snacking (popcorn with honey and cinnamon, edamame, stewed strawberries, berry and kale smoothie, quinoa, I'm honestly probably missing a few). For some reason the first day of a cold makes me really hungry. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment