
Joe and I celebrated our four year dating anniversary this week! I'm still asking myself how we're already here, but it feels really good! In terms of measuring how long our relationship is, I feel like such a kid. You know how they always get so specific when you ask them how old they are? Just last month I announced to Joe that our relationship was at 47 months. Haha. Thankfully 4 years is pretty even, although I'm not sure what I'll say a month form now.
Last year, we celebrated our anniversary over video chat. We decided to do that this year too... or so Joe thought, but I had some other plans ;). I actually got all spontaneous and bought a plane ticket to Chicago, except instead of telling Joe, I told his friend Max who agreed to help me surprise Joe!
On our anniversary eve, I met Joe and Max out and the surprise went down so perfectly. Joe was more than surprised and speechless for the first few minutes. Even though I was the surpriser, I was a lot more surprised than I thought I'd be. That surprised feeling felt as if a bottle of champagne had gone straight to my head.
Max quickly departed, and Joe and I spent the next hour laughing about and recovering from the shock of what had just happened. I was only in town for a quick 30 hours, but it was exactly the anniversary I was hoping to have.
On the night of our anniversary, we dressed up all fancy and celebrated with sushi for dinner and then went to the Signature Lounge in the Hancock Tower for drinks and dessert.
Here are a few moments from that night...

So swanky ;). He doesn't always dress up, but after four years, Joe has gotten pretty good at doing it on my behalf and he looks pretty darn good when he does too (or so I think).


Cool as a cucumber (collins, that is!).

More Chicago!

The night was a really good one. Happy fourth anniversary Joe!
As we toasted, here's to four more years!




0 comments:
Post a Comment