November 4, 2015

Saturday In The Steinhardt Gardens


This weekend was the weekend that I finally went home to get my winter coat. Not my computer which is still apparently its own messy saga, but I got my winter coat!


While I was in Westchester, I ended up catching Amies AB and S and we spent Halloween morning at the Steinhardt Gardens in Bedford.


Amie AB has been talking up going to these gardens all autumn, so I'm glad we had the chance to go last weekend as they are privately owned and only open twice a year - once in the spring and once in the autumn. They sprawl out on almost 60 acres and feature a Japanese garden, tons of exotic animals, and loads of flowers, ponds, trees, and sculptures.


I really wasn't kidding about the exotic animals part. We parked right where the camels and zebras were.


Seeing these in Westchester is quite the weirdest!


And calls for a selfie where possible. (Also, this may be the reason I am considered an awkward kid by some ;) ).



Then we walked up into the Japanese gardens, which were easily our favorite part.




The Japanese maples were in full color and there were exotic birds galore.


Amie S even fell in love with one of the maples.

Or maybe two.


Or maybe all of them. And she picked an entire bouquet of leaves to bring home!


We finally got pushed on our merry way towards the other gardens when we got chased away by some aggressive geese.


After making our way through the other autumnal themed gardens and back to where we left the car, we drove up further north to Salinger's Orchard where we picked up donuts and apples.


These were gone in just about five minutes and a sweet end to an autumn morning indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment