Two thousand fifteen. What a year. I liked looking back on 2014 so much last year (see here / here) that I figured I'd compile a little (huge) recap of this year too.
Here's the first half:
JANUARY
After winter break, Amie DB and I signed a lease on an NYC apartment (it turns out our broker was a model which was hysterical)! Over MLK weekend, I got together with my Cornell roommates for tacos and crêpes, skied, and then skied some more/worked 19 days straight between my two jobs. At the end of the month, Storm Juno was supposedly going to hit NYC so I got a snow day, and I third-wheeled Amie L & her copain D to see Owen Pallett!
FEBRUARY

In March, Amie DB and I got on a DIY kick and installed shelves and a little breakfast bar in our kitchen. I toured the New York Distilling Co. for a work project, and Amie DB and I had our apartment warming party (everyone fit successfully in our very tiny apartment!).





The Saturday after, I saw a UCB show and ate lunch at the Chelsea Market with Amie AB + one of her college friends and we walked the high line. I also taught my last ski lesson ever. For Saint Patrick's Day, a few of the amies and I had a little celebration (complete with car bombs and soda bread).
At the end of the month, I went out to celebrate one of my Cornell roommate's birthdays, attended a wonderful cider event for work. Amie DB and I also saw our rent decrease (whoa), and I went to my office's annual party.
APRIL
In April, Joe came to visit over his spring break! We toured the city and ate lots (most notably doughnuts and beer... which kind of makes us sound a bit like Homer Simpson haha). The weekend after Joe visited, I attended a Paint Nite with my lovely Cornell roommate and one of her friends from home. That weekend I watched The Fall on Netflix, which was awesome but spooked me out a bit.
At the end of April, I went to the New York Botanical Gardens and Arthur Avenue. Another weekend Amie AB and I went to Smorgasburg for the first time and the weather was gorgeous!
MAY

I got my wisdom teeth out one weekend, took some pretty walks through Central Park, and spent a Saturday up in the Bronx with Amie DB exploring Wave Hill.


One weekend I went out to Long Island and then went to Chicago to hang with Joe over Memorial Day Weekend. I then continued my traveling streak and went to Delaware the next weekend for Dan's graduation! (It was a wild time.)
JUNE
June was a month full of adventure. I spent the first few weekends of June in the city and witnessed the Triple Crown at the Belmont Stakes and had the tastiest of brunches with Amie DB and Amie L at Jacob's Pickles.
When I got back to the US, the amies and I celebrated Amie DB's birthday in our tiny kitchen, and Dan and I saw the Daily Show in its last 1.5 months with Jon Stewart! I also got cronuts with Amie L and her copain, D, and saw some of the NYC 2015 Pride Parade days after gay marriage was legalized.
That wraps up Part 1.
Stayed tuned for Part 2!
Stayed tuned for Part 2!



































0 comments:
Post a Comment