I meant to share this yesterday since my birthday is today, but yesterday was so busy.
In case you haven't been following along for very long, I've made a "Birthday List" every year since turning 19. My birthday list encompasses a variety of things that I want to accomplish during my coming year of life. I didn't check off as many items as I expected to over the past year, but my 24th year was one of the best yet full of some big changes. Over the year I left NYC, thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail, moved in with Joe in Chicago, and recently started work in Chicago.
Here's my full list of updates:
(25 for 25 to follow tomorrow...)
In case you haven't been following along for very long, I've made a "Birthday List" every year since turning 19. My birthday list encompasses a variety of things that I want to accomplish during my coming year of life. I didn't check off as many items as I expected to over the past year, but my 24th year was one of the best yet full of some big changes. Over the year I left NYC, thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail, moved in with Joe in Chicago, and recently started work in Chicago.
Here's my full list of updates:
(25 for 25 to follow tomorrow...)
01. See three Broadway shows. (2/3 complete)
The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime with Joe (amazing)
Fun Home with Dori (also amazing)
The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime with Joe (amazing)
Fun Home with Dori (also amazing)
02. Visit the Top of the Rock and The Met. (1/2 complete)
Dori and I went to explore The Met the day after snow storm Jonas.
03. Hike an Adirondack High Peak in the winter.
Nope, but I'm really hoping to do one next week with Dan!
03. Hike an Adirondack High Peak in the winter.
Nope, but I'm really hoping to do one next week with Dan!
Without getting too sappy, I think this is the best thing that I've ever done in my entire life.
10. Dye my hair.
I was going to dye my hair purple on trail. I even bought the dye. Then I chickened out.
I made them twice!
On September 24th I drove by myself from New York to Chicago and I've lived here ever since. :)
So it might be a temporary position (for now), but I am living and working in Chicago!
I literally did this last night lol
I bought this one used off eBay a month ago.
16. Rent a car in Chicago and
I didn't rent a car (I'm going to ignore that part), but I went to Madison, WI last winter!
17. Read a Charles Dickens book.
This was a fail. I made it 80% of the way through David Copperfield and then hit the trail and stopped.
Then I tried it on audiobook from the beginning and well, I'm still working on it.
19. Travel to Iceland.
(A girl can dream...)
20. Do BBG 1.0.
I did some BBG workouts...
With Laura and her boyfriend David last January for Japanese desserts.
22. Be able to do an eleven minute wall sit. (I'm currently at 4.5 minutes)
Still working on this one.
23. Knock off two things
24. I never did in my previous birthday lists.
Total : 15.17 / 24 ( 63.2% )




0 comments:
Post a Comment