Now that I know I'm running the Chicago Marathon in October, I've been working harder than ever to get my knee better. It seems like it's paying off too. My knee is still pretty volatile, but it's definitely getting stronger. Recently it's been pretty okay with five or six miles, so yesterday, I decided to test it out and see if it could handle eight miles.
I ran south along the lakefront and then back the same way. The paths were mostly clear after Friday night's snow, but they were still super slick. No falls though! I ended up successfully completing the eight miles and it was actually my first eight mile run in more than three years too, which was really exciting.
Even though the run felt so good, something interesting happened afterwards. After going inside, I had somewhat of an allergic reaction to the abrupt change in temperature. Apparently it's a thing. It's happened before on a smaller scale, but this time I was so unbearably itchy for half an hour. It was so weird, but it was so worth it to run through a snowy Chicago.
December 18, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About
Hi! I'm Erin (aka: Amie E)!
This (work-in-progress) is my spot to share all of my post-college, adult-becoming, real-world-taking-on adventures.
Thanks a bunch for reading/skimming/viewing/ accidentally ending up here!
This (work-in-progress) is my spot to share all of my post-college, adult-becoming, real-world-taking-on adventures.
Thanks a bunch for reading/skimming/viewing/ accidentally ending up here!






0 comments:
Post a Comment