



Hi! How was your weekend? Hopefully it was warm and sunny! This weekend, Chicago was a springtime dream. Saturday and Sunday were filled with the bluest skies, temperatures in the mid-seventies, and flowers suddenly in bloom. There were times when I couldn't bring myself to go inside. According to my phone, I walked/ran nearly 25 miles over two days. It kind of figures that I had trouble getting out of bed even after 8+ hours of sleep yesterday morning.
On Saturday morning, Joe had work and I went to Nike Running Club as I always do. Soon after I got back, Joe texted me to let me know he was getting off soon and I suggested we go to my favorite café, Heritage Bicycles. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but given that I'd just run around for an hour in the warmer weather, I was definitely craving an iced coffee.
We hung out in Heritage for a while, chatting as we drank coffee and ate coffeecake and donuts. If you ever go, the vanilla latte is so good! I think I'd become a coffee drinker if my coffee tasted like that everyday!
After, we decided to walk around for a bit. At first we were planning to just stroll around for a bit before hopping on a bus, but we ended up walking all the way back. On our stroll, we stumbled upon a Rotofugi pop-up shop. Something about bright colors and crowds can really draw me into a place so we decided we'd pop in. There were so many people there since it was the pop-up's opening day. If you can't tell, we had so much fun looking around at everything ;P
After our little detour, we ran a couple errands and then finished our walk back along the lakefront. It was so sunny and we both ended up eventually taking our sweatshirts off which felt amazing. It's gotten rainy and cold again, but I'm getting so excited for more days like this. Rumor has it that this weekend is supposed to be another nice one too!
After, we decided to walk around for a bit. At first we were planning to just stroll around for a bit before hopping on a bus, but we ended up walking all the way back. On our stroll, we stumbled upon a Rotofugi pop-up shop. Something about bright colors and crowds can really draw me into a place so we decided we'd pop in. There were so many people there since it was the pop-up's opening day. If you can't tell, we had so much fun looking around at everything ;P
After our little detour, we ran a couple errands and then finished our walk back along the lakefront. It was so sunny and we both ended up eventually taking our sweatshirts off which felt amazing. It's gotten rainy and cold again, but I'm getting so excited for more days like this. Rumor has it that this weekend is supposed to be another nice one too!




0 comments:
Post a Comment