May 26, 2017

LAST WEEK IN RUNNING // WEEKS 10 & 11

So a little bit behind here with the running stuff, but here we go for weeks 10 and 11... 

WEEK 10 

I treated Week 10 as a bit of an off week after building up for so many weeks. Two runs, 4.6 miles overall... no complaints really. 


SUNDAY // 3.1 MILES @ 9:02 MIN/MILE

BEFORE DONUTS WITH JOE!
For this run, I convinced Joe to run with me. Yay!
We ran around the perimeter of Navy Pier and Joe kept making joking about my pace... basically anything slower than a 9:30 min/mile pace is speed walking for him since he's six feet tall. Ha.

We ended up speeding up a bit for the second half of our run and finished at Stan's. After downing a few cups of water, the donuts tasted as good as ever!

THURSDAY // 1.5 MILES (.5 MILE WARMUP / 1 MILE @ 7:27 MIN/MILE)

TIMED MILE
I decided it was time for a timed mile. It was hard and I felt pretty drained from start to finish, but I did it. I was hoping for closer to 7:10 min/mile, but I guess there's always next time. 

WEEK 11

This week was supposed to be back to business as usual, but after two amazing weekend runs and a late flight in on Sunday night, I came down with a bad cold and took off from running for a few days. As for the weekend runs... I recapped them a bit here, but here's miles/paces/places/pics/etc. below.



SATURDAY // 6 MILES @ 9:40 MIN/MILE 

WITH MY MOM & JOE AT ROCKEFELLER STATE PARK 
It was rainy as anything but great. 

SUNDAY // 8 MILES @ 9:20 MIN/MILE

A LOOP RUN FROM MY HIGH SCHOOL 
I forgot how hilly the town where I grew up could be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment