
So I'm currently in the middle of Week 8 (I swear I'm working to catch up here!), but here's a little recap of Week 6.
SATURDAY // LONG RUN
17 MILES @ 9:23 MIN/MILE
This was my longest run ever and it felt pretty darn good!I left my apartment at 5:30 am and returned at 8:15 am after running north on the lakefront path and all over Lincoln Park on my way back home.
I ran with a 20 ounce bottle of Gatorade and finished all of that around Mile 12, filled that up halfway around Mile 14, and had finished all of that before the end of my run. I was still super thirsty upon finishing so ended up waltzing into 7-Eleven and purchasing a large blue raspberry Slurpee as a post run treat. It's the one thing that motivated me to speed up during those last few miles of the run.TUESDAY // NRC SPEED RUN
16 x 0.25 MILE REPEATS @ 5K PACE & 10K PACE +1.5 WARMUP/COOL DOWN
This run was so hard and good. It was so hot and humid and 16 repeats felt kind of crazy. My favorite pacer was pacing the group and a few girls I've run with a bunch were there too and we were all in it and carrying together through. I know running can be seen as an individual sport, but there was nothing that felt individual about that workout.THURSDAY // TEMPO RUN
2 x 2.5 MILES @ 8:40 MIN/MILE + 1 MILE @ 8:20 MIN/MILE
I ran the first 2.5 miles on my way home from work (blah), the second 2.5 miles on the treadmill (better), and then the last 1 mile on the treadmill too (much better). Oftentimes, I ease into workouts as they get harder and I have more miles for the day under my feet, and this was certainly no exception.



0 comments:
Post a Comment