We left on Saturday morning after I returned from my weekly long run, picked up our tiny blue (!) rental car, and drove through beautiful Illinois farmland all the way to Iowa.
A few highlights of our trip included...
- Seeing our friend Sam!
- Meeting Sam's new girlfriend
- Meeting Sam's roommate of 2 years
- Touring around Iowa City
- Stopping at the largest truck stop in the world
- Eating what is probably the largest cinnamon roll in the world
- Going out for pitchers of Blue Moon, and maybe (just maybe) there were some Long Islands involved too ;p
- Watching lots of the dumb YouTube videos we used to watch in college
- Napping -- I was so wrecked from my 17 mile run and it was so hot out that I accidentally fell asleep on the futon in Sam's living room on Saturday afternoon after lunch... and then before everyone else went to bed on Saturday night... and then after brunch on Sunday morning haha



0 comments:
Post a Comment