After waiting for nearly 11 years, I finally saw my favorite band ever in concert!
On the Friday going into Fourth of July weekend, Joe, Maggie, and I saw The Red Hot Chili Peppers!!!! (In case you didn't know, The Red Hot Chili Peppers have been my absolute favorite band since the summer before I went into high school. Seeing of them has literally been a dream of mine since I was fourteen!)

Before the concert, we went out to Parlour for pizza. Maggie's boyfriend, John, and a few of John's friends joined too. Speaking of absolute favorites, I think Parlor might be my absolute favorite pizza place in Chicago. Maggie and I split a pizza with brussel sprouts and mozzarella and I ordered a sour beer that had ginger, beets, and carrots in it!

After dinner, we walked to the United Center for the concert. I didn't know it until they day of the concert, but apparently the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks play at the United Center too.



For the concert we were high up in the nosebleeds. The opener wasn't very good and had even worse acoustics, so we all worried what the Chili Peppers would sound like for the half hour before they came on.

It turns out we had little to worry about. As soon as The Red Hot Chili Peppers came on the acoustics drastically improved and the concert was more than a dream come true. Anything they could've played would've been amazing, but they played the best of the best. Of course there were songs I wish they played, but they could've played 50 songs and I still would've wanted to hear something else. They played a bunch of songs, but suddenly they were walking of the stage. And we waited. And they didn't come back. Upon looking down at my phone, I was shocked to find out that over two hours had elapsed since they first came on. The concert was just that good!
After the show we made our way back... or something haha. We hung around for a little bit, but then ended up heading over to one of John's friends to hangout.

After hanging out for awhile (and perhaps after I got stuck in an elevator for fifteen minutes...), we went to Elly's Pancake House at 1:00 am! Everyone else got pancakes, but Joe and I got fries to split and milkshakes (because we're cool ;p) and then finally headed home around 2:30 am, which we never do anymore. I need more of these kinds of nights in my life. More RHCP concerts too.



0 comments:
Post a Comment