Because I'm perpetually late here, let's hop back to Fourth of July weekend...

After Joe and Maggie and I went to The Red Ho tChili Peppers and ate late night food at Elly's on Friday night, Joe and I had a very chill Saturday. Sleeping in. Watching Friends. Grocery shopping. Etc. The best.
Early on Sunday morning, I ran 15 miles! I'd never run that much before and it felt really good. Joe came and met me for the tail-end of it and we went swimming after to cool off. Then pancakes happened because that's what 15 miles calls for.
That afternoon Joe and I went to Devon, which is Chicago's Indian neighborhood. We had the tastiest vegetarian lunch (I didn't actually mean to take us to an exclusively vegetarian restaurant, but somehow did lol), went to an Indian grocery store to stock up on garam masala spice mix, chana (chickpeas), and black tea, and stopped at an Indian sweet shop where we sampled a bunch of assorted desserts.
At night, Joe and I went on a booze cruise with Maggie, John, and a bunch of their friends! I'd never been on one before, but it was really fun and kept reminding me of The Office episode, ever so appropriately titled "Booze Cruise".










0 comments:
Post a Comment